Our emphasis is on safety first, fun second. Kyushu Ju-Jitsu will provide youth with fitness, a way to learn focus and concentration as well as learning about conflict avoidance through non-violent means. Our goal is to help students gain confidence in themselves and their abilities and boost self-esteem.
Cost and Times
Our youth class starts children on their martial arts journey from 6years old to 14.
Our adult class starts at 14 years old and up.
Beginner Youth: Aged 6-14 years old. Tuesday & Thursday 7:00 – 7:45PM
Intermediate & Advanced Youth: Tuesday & Thursday 7:45 – 8:30PM
$75 per term (Approx. 10-12 weeks)
Family memberships available for three or more members from the same immediate family.
Grading fees will be $15 per term for youth and $20 for adults. Both are contingent upon passing testing.
Uniforms are not required for the first three months to give students and families a chance to ensure this is something they can commit to. Uniforms can be purchased through us or else where and range in price from $40 to $75 for youth.
Sempai Mary-Beth Lascurain, Sensei Shawn Connolly, Sensei Troy Robertson, Master Frank Zinck, Sensei Johanne Zinck, Sensei Ed Adams, Sempai Sean Kavanaugh
This is a clip from our youth grading March 2013
Youth have a blast during our classes
- Bow-in and a few minutes of meditation.
- Ten minute warm-up consisting of relay races, obstacle courses or games.
- A few minutes of stretching.
- Rolls and breakfalls. Ju-Jitsu consists of learning to fall or tumble properly.
- Slowly encouraging youth not to fear tumbling literally head-over-heels.
- Matt work. Learning body mechanics and how to re-direct an attack rather then oppose it. Take downs, throws, sweeps and holds, punching, kicking and joint locks are all part of the system.
- Weapons. Our youth practice with Bokken (wooden sword) several times a month. Consisting of techniques used by the Kyushu-ryu samurai.